Wednesday 26 November 2008

Happy Turkey Day!!!!

Well, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I'm glad that November blew by. My team has been so busy, but tomorrow is going to be tough. I miss my wife, I miss my son, I miss my daughters. It's easy to be idealistic and have a sense of duty without sacrifice, and although this is a small one compared to some, it still hurts and it still sucks. I am taking my team to the nicest mess hall in Baghdad tomorrow and giving them the rest of the day off, and I am going to do my best to stay positive for their sake. Sometimes, it really sucks to be incharge. What we are doing is important, and if I didn't do it, some other poor bastard would have to. I am proud of what I do, I just can't wait for it to be over. On a positive note, I will be back at my old room tomorrow and I will have internet, so I will try and call everybody. I also plan to go for a long run tomorrow night, after my food's settled of course. Peace, out!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Thank you so much for your sacrifice! you and all the troops have gone over and above what people should have to do! Missing days like tomorrow and just the daily grind over here. We thank you guys for doing it though!! I hope you can try to enjoy your Thanksgiving and keep remembering January when you get to see your wife and 3 beautiful kiddos!! love you Rob! and thanks again! :)

JB said...

Hey bro, We miss you and are proud of you. Keep up the good work. It does suck to be in charge sometimes...if only we could slack off and be negative once in a while. But good for you for staying positive and seeing the larger picture. Love ya man. Hope to talk to you tomorrow.

Kevin said...

Happy Thansgiving Rob! Almost 1/2 way though... when is your block leave?