Thursday 27 November 2008

Sorry For Whining

Ok, I had a pretty good thanksgiving. I took my guys to the nicest mess hall in Baghdad today. I grabbed a takeout plate and went back out and guarded our trucks so my guys could enjoy thanksgiving inside. They had the place crazy decorated. They dressed the soldiers doing headcount like pilgrims. They had ice sculptures and mounds and mounds of dessert. They had smoked turkey and prime rib. I had to grab another takeout plate to fit it all. After we ate, we headed back to our big base and went back to work. I got to talk to my wife, my girls, my mom and dad, and brother and sister-in-law. I miss everybody, but I am not as bummed out as I was yesterday. I can't wait to come home on leave in January. I didn't run tonight. I'm still too stuffed. I'm proud of my mom and dad, though. They both ran a 5K today. You go guys!

6 comments:

Jen said...

man you got prime rib!! bummed I didn't get to talk to you but glad you had a pretty ok day! Dad did awesome out there!! 37 minutes!!! we have to sign him up for his next one!!! miss ya and thanks again!! love ya!!!

Lisa said...

glad you got to eat some Thanksgiving food. Sorry it had to be in your truck though. We can't wait til Jan either when we get to see you!!!!

JB said...

Hey bro,
Nice setup!! One thing I didn't see in the picture was some dessert? It was good talking to you. Can't wait to see you in Jan.

David Yee said...

whine all you want...you are entitled. BTW your Dad and sis did awesome today

laurabelle said...

:( i missed you for thanksgiving ...everyone asked about you.. i love you much baby, and cant wait for next thanksgiving when we are together :)

Katie said...

HOW DARE MY SISTER LEAVE THAT COMMENT !!!! lol...oops i forgot to log her out and log me in ...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggghhh hehe