Tuesday 30 September 2008

MTV Cribs Baghdad

Ok, I havn't blogged in a while, so I thought I should say something, and oh, boy, I'd like to start out by congratulating my brother-in-law and sister-in-law on their beautiful baby girl, Natalie Elizabeth Adams. She is awesome! I saw the video of her today. Way to go, Adams Family! I can't wait to see my new neice when I go on mid tour leave.

I havn't blogged, because I've been very busy. I can't talk about it, but I will just let you all know I barely had time to chat with Katie on the internet. I talked to my girls, and I was falling asleep while I was talking to them. It's been a long week. I ran 8 miles last Friday, and I was sore the next day. I didn't have time to workout Saturday or Sunday, but that was OK. I needed to rest. I did bike 5 miles last night, but it was dark, and I got tired of dodging tanks and MRAPs with my little headlamp, so I finished early. I woke up early this morning with the plan to ride 20 miles. Well, this FOB is big, but not on a bike. After the 5th or 6th time around the same route, I was bored out of my mind. You aren't aloud to run or bike with headphones here for obvious reasons (tanks driving all around), so it gets old quick. I looked down at my Garmin and it said I'd gone 15 miles. Good enough. I will probably run intervals and lift at the gym tomorrow.

I figured you all were wondering, so I added pictures of my room. Trust me, this is the penthouse suite compared to what I've been used to living in here in Iraq. I have my own room. I got a stocked fridge, microwave, TV, DVD player, and internet! In my room! Last two times I was here, you had to wait for hours in line at the internet cafe to just check your email. Now I can webcam with Katie and Reilly in my room. Awesome.

A lot of my guys got rid of the bunk bed in their room if they didn't have a roommate, but I kept mine. It helps keep the dust off of my bed and it is a great place to store my vest and helmet and stuff.


Here is where I like to spend my free time, when I'm not at the gym. I'm usually chatting away with Katie, calling the girls, or downloading itunes. My escape.


Here's a view from the other side of my room, you can see my bed and the door to my reality.



I keep pretty busy. It helps this year go by fast. Now you've seen my little fortress of solitude. It's not as grand as Superman's, but it is good enough for me. I'm living good. Like I said, I have internet, A/C, and all the Gatorade and Rip-its I can drink.

4 comments:

Katie said...

awww i love your home away from home :) cozy. i missed you today, i feel like i havent talked to you in years :( i love you

JB said...

Nice place bro. Not sure what I imagined, but this looks better. Glad to see you have a place to lay your head. Enjoy!

Lisa said...

you must be really important to get the penthouse. Man, I'd hate to see the crappy sleeping areas. Glad to see that you are doing well. Miss Ya!

Unknown said...

Hey Rob nice place. Just found your blog looking at the Adams Family blog. Thanks for keeping us and US safe and sacrificing your time away from your family. Susan and I just got a box of goodies off to you. Hope it get to you soon. We are proud of you and the men and women protecting us. Take care.